Featured Post

Let's End the Specious Argument of Beloved Dead Masters

In particular, let's end the "argument" between Adler and Strasberg.  There is no substance to their false reasoning upon whi...

Thursday, August 13, 2020

HE WAS TOO GOOD TO ME - BARBARA COOK / CARLY SIMON



I've quoted Barbara Cook elsewhere in these posts.  I took a few minutes just now to listen to songs and came across Carly Simon singing He Was Too Good To Me.  I remembered Barbara Cook's quote somewhere in these posts about the most dangerous place to be is the safest [for the performer].  Carly Simon is a wonderful performer, yet, what did Barbara Cook do with the same song?  I think she risked going to that dangerous place -- I leave it to you to see if you agree with me.  Regardless, when we work, I hope I can inspire you to reach for that safest, most dangerous place.

No comments:

Post a Comment